Re: slapd wont start

--On Thursday, April 08, 2010 2:14 PM -0700 Nick Pappin <npappin@latahfcu.org> wrote:

Can someone tell me whats wrong here.. I had a working ldap/samba server
and after I restarted the machine due to a power outage the slapd service
wont start back up.

Here are what the logs show when I try to bring slapd back online:
Apr  8 14:06:23 mdc slapd[12286]: @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.3.43 (Apr  8
2010 13:58:40) $
Apr  8 14:06:23 mdc     root@mdc:
/var/tmp/portage/net-nds/openldap-2.3.43/work/openldap-2.3.43/servers/sla

Run the correct db_recover (the one for the version of BDB openldap is linked against) inside your database directory, remove the alock file there, and then start it.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc