Re: forgotten rootdn psw

On 04/06/10 14:06, Francis, Steve (IHG) wrote:
ok...So i'm an ID10T!!  LOL.  But seriously, I setup an OpenLdap server
and migrated /etc/passwd to it, and all is well: however, I did that
months ago, and you guessed it, somehow I'm having a "senior" moment,
and can't remember the psw for the rootdn, so that I can add another
user to the Ldap server. I'm sure there is probably a way to decode the
"hashed/encrypted" password.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I
really don't want to have to delete everything and start again, but if
that's what I must do, then so be it.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Francis
Technical Advisor - zSeries, zLinux, z/OS
IHG
Alpharetta Data Center
Ph:  770-442-7157
Cell:  770-906-3122
IM: francisihg

Hey,

how about to generate new password with % slappasswd; and change it in '/etc/openldap/slapd.conf' line with 'rootpw' ? :)

Zdenek

--
Zdenek Styblik
Net/Linux admin