failure to connect ldap

Hi all,
i just install open-ldap server, and i'm following this steps:
i'm installing it on FreeBSD 8.0
# cd /usr/local/etc/openldap
# sed -I .old 's/rootpw/# rootpw/' slapd.conf
# echo -n "rootpw " >> slapd.conf
# slappasswd >> slapd.conf

# ee /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf

suffix          "dc=example,dc=com"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com"

here what i confused about,
i'm running this on localhost, so what should i use?
suffix          "dc=localhost,dc=localdomain" or my host name
( i got it from nslookup from windows) is
11.<unit name>.<institute name>.ac.id
suffix          "dc=11.<unit name>.<institute name>
,dc=ac.id" or anything else?

then when i tried to do this
# ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com" -W -f domainmgr.ldif -c

it asks for my password, then i insert my password and then and error
messages occured
ldap bind: can't contact LDAP server (-1)

i had search through google but i don't get the answer,
thanks for your help,

Best Regards
Muhammad Anis