Re: Starting OpenLDAP: slapd - failed: Unrecognized database type (bdb)..Help required!

--On Monday, March 29, 2010 7:51 PM +0530 Shamika Joshi <shamika.joshi@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm a beginner with Openldap & trying to bring up LDAP server on
UbuntuServer with Berkleys db-4.8.26 installed gives following error on
starting the slapd service. Previously I have done sucessful
configuration on RHEL & Fedora but for some reason it is not working for
me on Ubuntu server.
Could someone throw some light on this? Am I missing something?

Is slapd built with its backends as modules? If so, you need to moduleload the BDB backend first.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc