Re: Problem getting monitor backend and syncrepl overlay to work

"DeMoNs@web.de" <DeMoNs@web.de> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> i have a problem getting openldap to run monitor backend AND syncrepl
> overlay.
> i'm running freebsd-7.2-release-p6 in combination with
> openldap-server-2.4.19 with sasl support compiled in.

[...]

> database	bdb
> suffix		"dc=example,dc=de"
> rootdn		"dc=example,dc=de"
> directory	/var/db/openldap-data
[...]
> database	monitor
> rootdn		"cn=monitoring,cn=Monitor"
> rootpw		monitoring

[...]
> syncrepl rid=041
[...]
> now, when i run slaptest i receive following error:
>
> /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 59: database monitor does not
> support operations required for syncrepl
> slaptest: bad configuration file!
>
> Line 59 corresponds to the credentials option in the synrepl statement.
> i can't figure out whats wrong, so if anyone can point me in the right
> direction that would be really helpful.

It is exactly what slaptest says, syncrepl has to be configured within
a database declaration, according to you slapd.conf you want to
synchronize cn=monitor, which is not supported.
Move syncrepl statements to the bdb database.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://dkluenter.de