Re: Syncrepl for AD replication

On 21/02/2010 11:26, Stefan Jurisch wrote:

Hi,

Am 20.02.2010 17:28, schrieb Dieter Kluenter:
I am looking to setup a LDAP server that can pull certain user
attributes from Active Directory like userid (sAMAccountName), cn, sn
and populate some other attributes like public keys via user input.

Is it possible to automate the AD to LDAP replication using syncrepl?
Also, looking at syncrepl documentation, it isn't clear how syncrepl
adds records? For example, if a new user gets added on the master, how
does the replica know what objectclasses to include while adding that
user?

Ask Microsoft to implement RFC-4533 into AD.

That would be the best thing to do; but there are some posibilities to do some sort of
repl on other ways.

Indeed. May I suggest you take a look at Ldap Synchronization Connector (LSC), which can easily be used to synchronize some attributes to/from AD.

This page lists some tips when trying to read/synchronize with Active Directory (they are general tips, not LSC-specific):
http://lsc-project.org/wiki/documentation/1.1/howtos/activedirectory

Hope this helps,
Jonathan
Jonathan Clarke - jonathan@phillipoux.net