Re: LDAP logging

Edward Capriolo wrote:
On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Ivan Ordonez <iordonez@berkeley.edu> wrote:

Dieter Kluenter wrote:

Ivan Ordonez <iordonez@berkeley.edu> writes:

Hi,
I want to create logging for LDAP (version 2.4.19-r1) using syslog-ng
on Gentoo box.
Hope someone here can point me in the right direction.  I'm lost
here.

slapd logs to local4.
filter f_local4         {facility(local4); };
destination slapd { file("/var/log/slapd"); };
log {source(src); filter(f_local4); destination(slapd); };
-Dieter

I still can't get the logging to work.  I followed both suggestions (Dieter
and Jorge) to no avail.  The syslog-ng daemon starts fine but when I check
the ldap log, it's empty.  The cron and auth logging is working perfectly
fine.  Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Check how the package was built.

If the configuration argument
"--enable-debug=yes"
was not given, you get no logging.

It was logging before without issue.  I can see the log in /var/log/messages file.  The problem started hen I emerge or install the new version of openldap (version 2.4.19-r1).  Since then the LDAP logging disappeared in /var/log/messages file.  All I want to do is to see where the logs go or have the ability to access it.

Thanks,
-Ivan