Re: cn=Subschema and acl

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:03:32PM +0100, Jonathan Clarke wrote:
> On 01/20/2010 07:17 AM, Alex Samad wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >I was wonder were do I place acl for cn=Subschema as there doesn;t seems
> >to be a db defined for it or is it the same as cn=schmea ?
>
> Regardless of which database it is attached to, you can define any
> ACLs in the global section of the configuration file (before any
> database declarations).

I am using cn=config/dynamic config so I am not using any slapd.conf.

from my reading of slapd-config I gather this is not the same,

cause I can put it in olcDatabase=frontend,cn=config which is like a
default and the man page seems to suggest that you put acl's with the
db's they are mean to control (although now that I re read it, it seems
like the acl's are all meant to be in the frontend db).

--
"He married, like me, above his head."

	- George W. Bush
04/22/2001
Quebec City, Canada
on U.S. ambassador to Canada Paul Cellucci