Re: Some openldap 2.4 questions

Radosław Antoniuk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Three quick issues about slapd 2.4.
>
> 1. I'm setting up a syncrepl replication. In the process of testing, I had
> added three syncprov overlays instead of one, and I ended up with:

> The thing is, that I cannot delete any of them because cn=config does not
> support delete operation.
> Is this ok to leave it as is? or any workaround to get rid of the unwanted ones?

Since it's just a test installation, your best action is to delete it all and
start over with the correct LDIF.

> 2. About N-Way replication... What's the best authentication to use? Because
> (1) RootDN is the admin, and (2) in simple authentication I would store cleartext
> password in the syncrepl configuration, I'm assuming that (3) the best here would
> be to use some SASL mech?

What do any of these 3 points have to do with each other, let alone with N-way
replication?

> 3. Assuming a running normal replication(master-slave) with refreshAndPersist,
> is there any method of checking of the status of the replication? like show
> slave status in MySQL. I have tested it with cutting the transmission by
> iptables, and ok, it caught up after reconnection, but the master did not
> complain at all when the connection was not there...

If you had read the docs http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html
you wouldn't need to ask such questions.

--
  -- Howard Chu