Consumer ACLs

Hi all,

A question regarding ACLs on OpenLDAP consumer servers. If the ACLs on the provider give clients write access to some attributes, such as loginShell or userPassword, shouldn't the ACLs on the consumers do the same?

I'm not sure about this, since consumer databases are always read-only, but it seems to me that the clients would otherwise have no way of knowing that changing certain attributes was possible (via the updateref option or the chain overlay).

Thanks,

Jaap