Many TCP connections

Hi,

I tried to increase the number of simultaneous TCP connection to my slapd (to around 800) and was a little surprised to see the result.

While slapd still answers very fast in ldapi:/// , TCP connections now takes a while to connect() and after that even longer to answer the query. I can see ldapsearch hanging waiting for response.
Eventually it answers - after more than a minute.

So it doesn't seem to be a load problem for the backend, but what could make TCP-connections that slow compared to ldapi:/// ?
I have no FD limits.

/Peter