RE: restrict host login based on group

Use pam_groupdn

pam_groupdn <groupdn>
Specifies the distinguished name of a group to which a user must belong for logon authorization to succeed.
For example:

pam_groupdn cn=accessGroupServer1,ou=host_ssh_access,dc=example,dc=net

I am not sure if you can specify multiple groups, you'll have to play with it.

Thanks,
Joe

________________________________
> Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 18:26:57 +0530
> Subject: Re: restrict host login based on group
> From: shamika.joshi@gmail.com
> To: adam@gradientzero.com
> CC: serge.fonville@gmail.com; jarbas.junior@gmail.com; openldap-technical@openldap.org
>
> I've been fighting with this since long time now. Reading posts &
> archieves, having no luck beyond this point.......but now a bit desperate to get this done as I am
> running out of time now.
>
> Any help in this matter is truly appreciated.
> I attempted to use following ldap.conf settings, but still get auth failures upon doing ssh w/ ldap user.
>

> host 172.16.135.43
> base dc=test,dc=com
> uri ldap://172.16.135.43
> ldap_version 3
>
> timelimit 120
> bind_timelimit 120
> idle_timelimit 3600
> #pam_filter host=x15ubuntu
> pam_filter host=*
>
> pam_check_host_attr yes
> pam_password crypt
> bind_policy soft
> nss_base_passwd ou=Users,dc=test,dc=com?one
> nss_base_shadow ou=Users,dc=test,dc=com?one
> nss_base_group ou=Group,dc=test,dc=com?one
>
> nss_base_hosts ou=Hosts,dc=test,dc=com?one
> nss_initgroups_ignoreusersavahi,avahiautoipd,backup,bin,couchdb,daemon,games,gdm,gnats,haldaemon,hplip,irc,kernoops,libuuid, list,lp,mail,man,messagebus,netdirector,news,postgres,proxy,pulse,root,saned,speech-dispatcher,sshd,sync,sys,syslog,uucp,www-data
>

> nsswitch.conf
>
> passwd: files ldap
> shadow: files ldap
>
> group: files ldap
> hosts: files ldap dns
>
> "getent" for the user "shamika returns correct information from LDAPserver
>

> [root@x15f12 security]# getent passwd shamika
> shamika:x:503:55:Shamika J:/home/shamika:/bin/bash
> [root@x15f12 security]# getent shadow shamika
> shamika:*:14568::::::
>
> [root@x15f12 security]# getent group sysadmin
> sysadmin:*:100:uid=ldap1,ou=Users,dc=test,dc=com,uid=ldap2,ou=Users,dc=test,dc=com,uid=shamika,ou=Users,dc=test,dc=com
>
> No user can login even when I set pam_filter host=* , but if I comment out pam_fiilter it allows all ldap users to login via ssh.
>
> Here is snapshot from /var/log/secure
> Dec 7 18:12:26 x15f12 sshd[19642]: pam_unix(sshd:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=ssh ruser= rhost=localhost user=shamika
> Dec 7 18:12:28 x15f12 sshd[19642]: Failed password for shamika from ::1 port 54884 ssh2
>
> Dec 7 18:12:29 x15f12 sshd[19643]: Connection closed by ::1
>
> Here is my /pam.d/sshd file
> #%PAM-1.0
> auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
>
> auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_ldap.so use_first_pass
> auth required /lib/security/pam_deny.so
>
> account required /lib/security/pam_unix.so
> account sufficient /lib/security/pam_ldap.so

> [...]

Chat with Messenger straight from your Hotmail inbox.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/hotmail_bl1/hotmail_bl1.aspx?ocid=PID23879::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-ww:WM_IMHM_4:092009