Re: How to Clone / move an OpenLDAP instance?

Thanks for the response.

> On Thursday, 3 December 2009 11:06:54 Michael March wrote:
>> I need to move all the data from one OpenLDAP instance to another
>> (including operational attributes). What is the best way to do that?
>
> slapcat;scp;slapadd

Unfortunately slapadd doesn't maintain operational attributes.

> http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/dbtools.html#The%20{{EX:slapcat}}%20program
>
>> My first thought was to tar up all the file in /var/lib/openldap (on
>> Centos) and move that data over but that doesn't seem to be working.
>
> That should work if the software is the same on old and new, but if they differ
> (e.g. architecture - x86 vs x86-64, or old server had newer Berkeley DB
> version) it may not.

Arg.. the old server is running 32bit and the new is 64bit.. Aside
from that everything is the same.

>> Specifically, slapd will not start and no errors are spitting out.
>
> Did you increase debugging?

[root@localhost ldap]# slapd -d 256
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.3.43 (Nov  6 2008 02:53:24) $
        brewbuilder@hs20-bc1-5.build.redhat.com:/builddir/build/BUILD/openldap-2.3.43/openldap-2.3.43/build-servers/servers/slapd
bdb_db_open: unclean shutdown detected; attempting recovery.
bdb_db_open: Warning - No DB_CONFIG file found in directory /var/lib/ldap: (2)
Expect poor performance for suffix dc=acme,dc=com.
Segmentation fault
[root@localhost ldap]#

--
<admiral>