Re: Correct way to load LDIF in mirrormode

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
But if I'm loading the same data into both servers in a mirromode setup, then I shouldn't really have any use for the old CSN values, should I? So instead of sed/perl chaing the CSN's I could just remove them from the LDIF and let sladadd generate new ones?

That's another option; you'd lose the real modification date, but this might be a minor issue as soon as you intend to start with a fresh system.

But I'll only lose it for syncrepl purposes.
For application purposes I still have modifyTimestamp.
And since I start both servers with the exact same LDIF, they will not need to know in what sequence that data came to be.

/Peter