Re: ldap clients cant connect to replica after failure

The client pointing to the replica is a 3rd host also running centOS.
OpenLDAP 2.3.43.  I can pretty much narrow down the issue to
configuration, our network/server config side is pretty
straightforward.

I turned the logging to 256 on the replica, I pointed my client using
authconfig to the replica.

> su - ldapuser

Just hangs, in the logs on replica:

Nov  9 02:25:48 mnetmgt2 slapd[30963]: slapd shutdown: initiated
Nov  9 02:25:48 mnetmgt2 slapd[30963]: ====> bdb_cache_release_all
Nov  9 02:25:48 mnetmgt2 slapd[30963]: slapd destroy: freeing system resources.
Nov  9 02:25:48 mnetmgt2 slapd[30963]: slapd stopped.
Nov  9 02:25:48 mnetmgt2 slapd[15086]: @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.3.43
(Jan 21 2009 03:59:37) $
mockbuild@builder10.centos.org:/builddir/build/BUILD/openldap-2.3.43/openldap-2.3.43/build-servers/servers/slapd
Nov  9 02:25:48 mnetmgt2 slapd[15087]: slapd starting

If I point it back to the primary, it works fine.  Here are the slapd
files, they look correct based on what I read in the documentation.

Primary Slapd.conf:

include /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/solaris.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/sudo.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/dyngroup.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/openldap.schema

# DATABASE CONFIG
database bdb
suffix "dc=domain,dc=com"
rootdn "cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=com"
rootpw {SSHA}somepassword

directory       /var/lib/ldap

index entryCSN,entryUUID eq,pres
index objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber,ou eq
index cn,mail,surname,givenname eq,subinitial
index memberUid eq
index nisDomain eq
index uniqueMember pres
#index sudoUser eq,sub

overlay syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
syncprov-sessionlog 100
loglevel 1

# Performance tuning directives
sizelimit 5000
threads 16
idletimeout 14400
cachesize 10000
checkpoint 256 15
password-hash {SSHA}

Replica slapd.conf file:

nclude /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/solaris.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/sudo.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/dyngroup.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/openldap.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/duaconf.schema

pidfile         /var/run/openldap/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/run/openldap/slapd.args

# DATABASE CONFIG
database bdb
suffix "dc=domain,dc=com"
rootdn "cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=com"
rootpw {SSHAsomehash

index entryCSN,entryUUID eq,pres
directory       /var/lib/ldap
loglevel 256

syncrepl      rid=001
                     provider=ldap://10.10.1.91
                     interval=00:05:00:00
                     bindmethod=simple
                     scope=sub
                     filter="(objectClass=organizationalPerson)"
                     attrs="cn,sn,ou,telephoneNumber,title,l"
                     searchbase="dc=matlock,dc=com"
                     binddn="cn=proxyagent,ou=profile,dc=matlock,dc=com"
                     credentials="abc123"
                     schemachecking=off
                     type=refreshAndPersist
                     retry="60 +"