Re: slapd(8) adds objects without adding structuralObjectClass -> blocks replication

Michael Ströder wrote:
> Christian Haugan Toldnes wrote:
>
>> So, after a few LDIF exports of the broken objects, and then importing
>> them in again, the directory seems to be in good shape.
>>

> Glad you made this work. I'd still recommend to upgrade...

I'm inclined to do so, after it have become apparent that this is the
general opinion on the matter, and especially since the servers seems to
be on the rather fragile side under high replication load.

Ubuntu 9.10 comes with openldap 2.4.18 which can easily be recompiled on
the 8.04.3 system we're currently standarized on. Would that suffice, or
do I need to keep maintaining my own package with latest stable (2.4.x)
openldap at all times?

kind regards