Re: Propagation of LDAP passwrod change to samba system

Thank you for commnet

yes it is 3.2.5 regural package in Lenny.

dpkg -l | grep samba
ii  samba                             2:3.2.5-4lenny7          a
LanManager-like file and printer server for Unix
ii  samba-common                      2:3.2.5-4lenny7          Samba
common files used by both the server and the client
ii  samba-doc                         2:3.2.5-4lenny7          Samba
documentation
server:/etc/samba# dpkg -l | grep ldap
ii  ldap-utils                        2.4.11-1
OpenLDAP utilities
ii  libldap-2.4-2                     2.4.11-1
OpenLDAP libraries
ii  libnss-ldap                       261-2.1                  NSS
module for using LDAP as a naming service
ii  libpam-ldap                       184-4.2
Pluggable Authentication Module for LDAP

I know this stuff is very complex and I am trying to set it up step by
step, but I really do not undersand what causing error

smbpasswd
Old SMB password:
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
machine 127.0.0.1 rejected the tconX on the IPC$ share. Error was :
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
 Failed to change password for test1

when I logged to system usning ssh and as user1.

I understand that smbpasswd by default look for ip address
127.0.0.1/localhost but I am getting same error in case I set up

127.0.0.1/8 in smb.conf

Also I tried to change samba password for user1 using

smbpasswd -r 192.168.1.201 ( 192.168.1.201 is stated it smb.conf as
interface will bind to, ) but again same problem

What is tconX, I did not defined it, what ir set up IPC$....

regards, thanks