Re: Database corruption revisited.

--On Sunday, October 18, 2009 10:28 AM +1300 Cliff Pratt <enkidu@cliffp.com> wrote:

Thanks for the information, Michael. Unfortunately our policy is to use
packages where ever possible. This also means that the third party
product which we have on top of OpenLDAP which our application fits on
top of may not support the latest releases of OpenLDAP and BDB. (I'd have
to research that).

Your policy is seriously flawed. Particularly when it comes to using the packages built by RedHat at that time. They have started getting better more recently. Also, Linux distributions have different objectives when they build their packages then people who run production level LDAP servers. See:

<http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1456.html>

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc