Re: Database corruption revisited.

Cliff Pratt wrote:
> As I said, this has happened on many versions of OpenLDAP and on
> different operating systems. The latest version that I am sure it has
> happened on is RHEL 4.2 and OpenLDAP 2.2.13-4

Cliff, this version shipped by Red Hat is not recommended to be use at all.
Issues therein were quickly fixed but Red Hat never updated their release.
Additionally the 2.2.x release branch is really ancient today. Even 2.3.x
release branch is onsidered rather historic today.

So please try to compile a recent OpenLDAP release and a fully patched
Berkeley-DB. At the moment OpenLDAP 2.4.19 together with BDB 4.8.24 seems
fine. Note that other libs used in your deployment which depend on BDB
(Kerberos and cyrus-sasl) have to be also compiled to avoid a library mix
during run-time linking. I'd recommend to build all these packages installing
into a separate prefix to avoid conflicts with pre-installed RPMs.

Ciao, Michael.