Re: ldap_search: LDAP Adminstration Limit Error

Parag Kalra wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't have that option. I can use only 'ldapsearch'

I want to know the configuration setting to be put in place on Server
which would remove the limit.

Then you should ask the SunOne technical support folks. That's not anything OpenLDAP can answer for you.

Cheers,
Parag

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 1:03 AM, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam@opengroupware.us <mailto:awilliam@opengroupware.us>> wrote:

    On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 00:31 +0530, Parag Kalra wrote:
     > Hello Friends,
     > I am using a 'ldapsearch' command from Ubuntu machine to fetch
    entries
     > from SunOne directory server hosted on Windows machine.
     > I am able to retrieve the records but not all. At one stage it aborts
     > abruptly and throws following error -
     > ldap_search: LDAP Adminstration Limit Error
     > Any pointers on what this error is all about and how can I get rid of
     > it?

    The number of results exceed the configured limit for a request. (?)

    Write a script in Python, or something like it, with LDAP support so you
    can page the request.

    Maybe ldapsearch can page for you?  I don't recall.

--
  -- Howard Chu