Re: Validation of data in OpenLDAP

David Horat wrote:

> I would like to know if there is any possibility of plug in a script
> before any transaction is commited into LDAP in order to validate and
> sanitise the input, giving an error and not letting the data get into
> OpenLDAP if the scripts decides the data is not valid.

What are you're exact requirements? In general I'd recommend not to
automagically sanitize the data. The server should just return an appropriate
error code in case the client misbehaves.

BTW: Some things can be configured with slapo-constraint.

> I have already taking a look at the Overlays presented in the
> documentation, but they won't solve what I am looking for exactly.

I think implementing a custom overlay is *the* solution for such a thing. What
makes you think that it's not suitable for your requirements?

Ciao, Michael.

--
Michael Ströder
E-Mail: michael@stroeder.com