Re: Advice/comments on deploying openLDAP in a VirtualBox appliance.

On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 00:23 +0530, Arun Khan wrote:
> I have completed the prototyping of openldap, samba/pdc,  on a
> VirtualBox appliance.   The setup works fine with 4-5 different
> desktop clients connecting to
> the services.
> Appliance details: VirtualBox 3.0.6 - 512MB RAM, 8MB Video RAM, 9GB
> VDI with 1GB Swap and  CentOS 5.3 64bit).
> I am considering deploying this appliance into production with 1GB
> RAM.  The no. of clients connecting to the server will be approx. 150.
> Has anyone deployed openLDAP + Samba/PDC in a VirtualBox appliance?

I don't know anything about Virtual Box but I operate an OpenLDAP +
Samba/PDC for 300+ used on an ESX VM with roughly the allocated
resources you specify [although I have no idea about "Video RAM" or
"VDI"].  I imagine the performance of the underlying host may matter
more than your specific allocations so long as process fit into the
allocated memory.