Re: attribute writing: can an overlay do this?

Pierangelo Masarati writes:
>Stefano Zanmarchi wrote:
>> Hallo,
>> I hope someone can give me a hand on this issue.
>> I'd like my ldap server to automaitcally set the value of an attribute,
>> based on the value of another.
>> In the simplest version I'd like it to copy the value of an attribute into
>> another attribute, whenever the first one gets modified.
>> (...)
>
> If your question is: can an overlay do this?  the answer is: yes
> If your question is: does an existing overlay (among those distributed
> by OpenLDAP) do this?  the answer is no (AFAIK).

Maybe rwm should be enhanced to support that?  Only one of the
attributes would be stored in the directory.  rwm would be
configured to copy and rename instead of just rename the attribute
in search results.  In filters, it'd rename the other way.

--
Hallvard