Re: connections falling short

--On Thursday, September 17, 2009 8:57 AM +0200 Amol Kulkarni <amolkulkarni@gmx.com> wrote:

The cachesize & idlcachesize are calculated using some formula we have
been using where we account for sudden increase in ldap entries. But the
difference does seem to be too much. I will change it. Is it ok to change
cachesize and restart ldap daily or should ldap be allowed to run for
longer period of time ?

If you use back-config, there's no need to restart ldap. Restarting ldap resets the entry cache.

I was in doubt about the threads setting too. On googling I found that
number of threads should be equal to 4 times the number of cpu cores. But
which cores, the physical or the logical? logical meaning the number of
cpus listed in /proc/cpuinfo.

It has to do with real cores.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc