Re: Reg OpenLdap on Ubuntu

Hi Dieter,

Indeed, I thought so. But before going there, I just wanted to confirm that is there anything that I might be missing while configuring my openLDAP using SASL because :

the link http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authnz_ldap.html#authldapurl says "For regular ldap, use the string ldap. For secure LDAP, use ldaps instead. Secure LDAP is only available if Apache was linked to an LDAP library with SSL support."

This simply states that if LDAP is equipped with SSL support, ldaps url can be used. Does that mean that my openLDAP is not equipped with SSL support because I am getting success with ldap and not with ldaps?

Once I am sure that my openLDAP configuration is Ok, I can start exploring other things.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards
Asimananda

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:
Asimananda Mohanty <asimananda.mohanty@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Mathias,
>
> I have done the same. Thanks.
>
> I have one more question.
>
> I have my apache https server on solaris 10 x86 machine that does access my
> openldap server on an ubuntu machine so as to do the required
> authentication.
[...]

> Now the issue is that httpd.conf contains ldaps url in AuthLDAPUrl parameter.
> If I change it to ldap, it works fine but with ldaps, it doesn't.
>
> The link http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authnz_ldap.html#authldapurl
>  says "For regular ldap, use the string ldap. For secure LDAP,
> use ldaps instead. Secure LDAP is only available if Apache was linked to an
> LDAP library with SSL support."

In fact this would be a question on a solaris 10 related mailinglist
or news group. The question actually is, with which ldap library
apache has been built and has this library been built with a Transport
Layer Security library.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung