Re: connections falling short

On 15/09/2009 14:08, Amol Kulkarni wrote:
Hi Quanah,

Sorry to trouble you, but I was a bit early in reporting that the
problem was solved. Indeed the problem is not solved even after setting
the cachesizes correct.

Foll. is the info abt the server :

OpenLDAP Release - symas-openldap-silver-2.4-12.1

Hi,

I'm not very familiar with Symas' OpenLDAP releases, but I assume that's a packaged version of 2.4.12. That's quite an old version now, and many bugs have been corrected since then.

The latest OpenLDAP version is 2.4.18 now, and I'm sure Symas has some more recent packages. I recommend upgrading as soon as possible, this may well solve your issue.

Regards,
Jonathan

BDB version and patch level - not sure abt this

Size of database on disk - 1.3 g

DB_CONFIG parameters -
   set_cachesize 0 1944506368 1
   set_lg_regionmax 262144
   set_lg_bsize 2097152
   set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE

slapd.conf/cn=config tuning done (cachesize, idlcache, etc)
   loglevel 256
   threads 8
   cachesize 950817
   idlcachesize 2852451

OpenLDAP backend being used (back-hdb, back-bdb, back-sql, etc)
   - bdb

Total system memory
   - 4 gb ram

32 or 64-bit system
   - rhel 4 - update 5 - 64 bit

Number of entries in ldap
   - 328177

Today I also ran a ldap-stats.pl on openldap log. Foll. is a summary of
connections

Operation totals
----------------
Total operations : 10105387