From: Quanah Gibson-Mount

Sent: 09/14/09 10:20 pm

To: Amol Kulkarni, openldap-technical@openldap.org

Subject: Re: connections falling short

--On Monday, September 14, 2009 4:58 PM +0200 Amol Kulkarni
wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> I have an openldap server which is not able to cater to all the
> connection requests it is getting. It stops responding - ie. clients
> which attempt a connection get an error 'Can't contact LDAP server (-1)'
> after about 2 - 3 minutes of trying. There is high traffic and the
> problem occurs throughout the day - the server responds, then reaches a
> peak - stops and then responds again.
> Kindly guide me - all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kindly provide relevant and useful information, such as:

OpenLDAP Release
BDB version and patch level
Size of database on disk
DB_CONFIG parameters
slapd.conf/cn=config tuning done (cachesize, idlcache, etc)
OpenLDAP backend being used (back-hdb, back-bdb, back-sql, etc)
Total system memory
32 or 64-bit system

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc