connections falling short

Dear All,

I have an openldap server which is not able to cater to all the connection requests it is getting. It stops responding - ie. clients which attempt a connection get an error 'Can't contact LDAP server (-1)' after about 2 - 3 minutes of trying. There is high traffic and the problem occurs throughout the day - the server responds, then reaches a peak - stops and then responds again.

Kindly guide me - all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,

Amol Kulkarni.