Re: ldapsearch hangs

--On Thursday, September 10, 2009 1:01 PM +0200 Tihomir Culjaga <tculjaga@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Tihomir Culjaga <tculjaga@gmail.com>
wrote:

hello,

I got an issue with OpenLDAP....

BDB 4.7 and OpenLDAP 2.4.18  is runnong on CentOS 5.3 installed on an HP
DL380 G5 machine with 10 GB RAM.

The database is quite big...ldif file is ~2GB. I manage to load the ldif
file into the DB with ldapadd.

The recommended way to add LDIF files is doing it offline via slapadd.

Well, so far so good, i'm able to search entries. My application on a
different server connects to LDAP and requests entire subtree
(ou=bestMatchPrefixList,ou=sipDirektor,dc=ot,dc=hr) and within a minute
and half, it gets everything.

Now, the problem comes when you add some few more entries to the DB with
ldapadd... in my case 2 entries

You fail to note any useful details of your configuration. For example, what is the size of your database on disk? i.e., du -c -h *.bdb.

Did you fully patch BDB 4.7.25, or is it unpatched?

What are the contents of your DB_CONFIG file?

How many total entries are in your database?

What are your settings from slapd.conf or slapd-config for:

cachesize
dncachesize
idlcachesize

Principal Software Engineer