Re: What could cause a ber_flush errno=11?

Oliver Henriot writes:
> Well, first, I'd assumed that the reason "Resource temporarily
> unavailable" meant something wasn't as smooth as it could be and,

The server had some data it wanted to send, and eagerly tried to send it
- but it's sending faster than the network can accept it, or the client
isn't reading the responses it requested, or the network is flaky, or...

I don't know exactly what leads to which errno, but the point remains is
that this is normal and not an error.  Though as you can see from the
above list, some of the reasons can be errors on someone's part, so if
you are having server problems this can indicate the trouble.  Otherwise
forget it.

> secondly, I thought "errno" was a contraction of "error number" but
> maybe I'm wrong?

errno is the name of a system variable in the C language, with that
meaning, yes.  You've asked for detailed logging about what the server
is doing, instead of just using the default and recommended loglevel
(256), so that's what you are receiving.

But the doc should make a clearer distinction between "debugging" log
levels and "informational" loglevels.  I just had a "duh, users might
not know C and errno is C" moment when I saw your guess about errno:-)

--
Hallvard