What could cause a ber_flush errno=11?

Dear list users,

I am getting the following errors on my Openldap servers :
ber_flush failed errno=11 reason="Resource temporarily unavailable"
The same error occurs indifferently on master and replica servers.

I'm trying to work out what might be causing this. I presume it's a
network issue. What I'm not sure of is if it is when then servers try to
communicate or if it is something else. One possible other cause is when
the server tries to write the data to its database, as the filesystem is
hosted on an iscsi NAS, but then the error would presumably be with
iscsi and not openldap.

My servers are all Openldap 2.3.43-3.el5 on CentOS 5.3, using bdb for
the database and syncrepl for replication.

I tried to find info about ber_flush and its various error codes but I
haven't been very successful so far.

Do you have any clues?

Thanks.

Oliver