Re: Slow LDAP

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

>> Can multiple schema's in the config file cause this?  I know that on my
>> old server I had the following in slapd.conf:
>>
>> core
>> cosine
>> inetorgperson
>> nis
>> samba
>>
>> On my new one it has the above plus:
>>
>> corba
>> duaconf
>> dyngroup
>> java
>> misc
>> openldap
>> ppolicy
>> collective
>>
>> Those were just in there when I installed it so I left them.  Should I
>> take them out or would that not have any affect on logins at all?  I am
>> guessing that they wont' affect anything and it is more related to some
>> sort of configuration in my ldap configs.
>>
>> Is there something else I need in a config?  Here are my configs.
>> slapd.conf
>> include                /etc/openldap/schema/corba.schema
>> include                /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
>> include                /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
>> include                /etc/openldap/schema/duaconf.schema
>> include                /etc/openldap/schema/dyngroup.schema
>> include                /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
>> include                /etc/openldap/schema/java.schema
>> include                /etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema
>> include                /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
>> include                /etc/openldap/schema/openldap.schema
>> include                /etc/openldap/schema/ppolicy.schema
>> include                /etc/openldap/schema/collective.schema
>> include                /etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema
>> loglevel -1
>

> Fix your loglevel.  Try 256 or something else reasonable.

I'll try that tomorrow and see.  My old server had that and it did not
slow things down like this, but I am willing to try anything right now.
Hopefully that will take care of it.  I will let you know.

> Are you running Xen?

No, not sure what that is even.

Thanks for the input.

--
Scott Mayo - System Administrator
Bloomfield Schools

Question: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Answer: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?