Re: Need help migrating from Novell eDirectory to OpenLDAP

Donal Duane wrote:

> Has anyone tried to migrate data between eDirectory and OpenLDAP?

I did exactly this two weeks ago. Whether you're successful highly depends on
what data you want to migrate. E.g. forget about the proprietary in-directory
ACL attributes. They are of no use with OpenLDAP.

> I am having a lot of trouble with invalid attributes.

You have to strip out data or map it to other more suitable attributes. Some
programming skills for processing LDIF are helpful. Also eDirectory is quite
loose in some aspects regarding schema (e.g. double OIDs, null-length values
for LDAP syntax DirectoryString etc.)

Ciao, Michael.

--
Michael Ströder