Re: Can't import ldif file

--On Wednesday, August 12, 2009 9:59 AM -0700 Kristen Walker <kwalker@sbceo.org> wrote:

I don't see a progress bar when I try the import, it just seems to hang.
The server I am adding to does not have a database.  I do a rm __db.*
*.bdb log.* in the openldap-data directory after the failed imports so
that I wipe out the database each time and start over.

I haven't tried the -q flag and got this:

slapadd -q -v -f /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf -l
/root/08052009_0647_ldap_backup.ldif
bdb_db_open: database "dc=sbceoportal,dc=org": unclean shutdown detected;
attempting recovery.
bdb(dc=sbceoportal,dc=org): recovery requires transaction support
bdb_db_open: database "dc=sbceoportal,dc=org" cannot be recovered, err 22.
Restore from backup!
backend_startup_one: bi_db_open failed! (22)
slap_startup failed

Do you have slapd running on the server you are restoring to? slapd must be shutdown for slapadd to operate, it is an offline command.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc