Re: OpenLDAP + Kerberos on FreeBSD 7.2, close to working but not quite

Allan <cr4z3d@gmail.com> writes:

> OpenLDAP is compiled with SASL support. I remember checking the box for SASL
> and if I cd /usr/ports/net/openldap24-server && make config I see that SASL is
> indeed marked. As far as checking for libgssapi, I ran the following to
> verify:

is libsasl really linked to slapd? 'ldd slapd' or whatever tool is
supplied with freeBSD, will proof it.

> frisbee# locate libgssapi
> /usr/lib/libgssapi.a
> /usr/lib/libgssapi.so
> /usr/lib/libgssapi.so.9
> /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.a
> /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so
> /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.9
> /usr/local/lib/sasl2/libgssapiv2.a
> /usr/local/lib/sasl2/libgssapiv2.la
> /usr/local/lib/sasl2/libgssapiv2.so
> /usr/local/lib/sasl2/libgssapiv2.so.2

this looks similar to mine, and the output of ldapsearch is:

dieter@rubin:~> ldapsearch -x -LLL -ZZ -H ldap://localhost -b "" -s base supportedSaslMechanisms
dn:
supportedSASLMechanisms: PLAIN
supportedSASLMechanisms: CRAM-MD5
supportedSASLMechanisms: GSSAPI
supportedSASLMechanisms: DIGEST-MD5
supportedSASLMechanisms: EXTERNAL

I really suspect that libsasl is not linked to slapd.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://dkluenter.de