Re: Why did an index broke my config ?

Denis BUCHER wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I added this in the config of my email server :
>
>> index virtualdomain                     eq
>>

> But it broke the mail server, all emails were refused because Relaying
> denied. In fact postfix was not able anymore to find domains.
>
> For some reason, adding this index in the config made impossible to find
> this domain for programs...
>
> Don't know if my explanation is clear, but my question is "why adding an
> index breaks the config" ?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance for any help !
>
> Denis

Hi,

By specifying in your config file the indexation of the attribute
virtualdomain, the server will expect to find such an index, but if you
have not created the index beforehand, the server will not find the
attribute. I believe that in your case, you must run slapindex while the
server is offline and your troubles should be over.

Cheers,
Olivier