Secret not in database

Hi everyone,

I have successfully installed cyrus-sasl-2.1.23 and openldap-2.3.27 plus BerkeleyDB.4.3 in my RHEL5.2 server. After the installation, i used saslpasswd2 -c to create an admin user:

saslpasswd2 -c admin

After that, I thought of doing a search on the database with the command :
ldapsearch -H ldap:///localhost -Y DIGEST-MD5 -d 2 -U admin
but it returned an error of :
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Invalid credentials (49)
        additional info: SASL(-13): user not found: no secret in database

When i did a check on /etc/, the sasldb2 file is there. I do not know and understand why it cannot find this user. Did i miss out anything. Below is excerpt from my slapd.conf file

password-hash {CLEARTEXT}
authz-regexp uid=(.*),cn=synabase-dev5.synamatixdev.com,cn=DIGEST-MD5,cn=auth ldap:///dc=synamatixdev,dc=com??sub?uid=$1
authz-regexp uid=(.*),cn=synabase-dev5.synamatixdev.com,cn=DIGEST-MD5,cn=auth uid=$1

Under rootpw, i typed the password in clear text, for eg, the password i create for admin was root. Hence it looks like:
rootpw root

Did i do anything wrong? Where is the error?

Hope to receive some help. I have been trying to install openldap with cyrus for 4 months but to no avail :(

--
Warmest Regards,
Seau Yeen