Re: ldap PDC -- Failed to issue the StartTLS instruction

--On August 4, 2009 4:20:06 PM -0700 Ivan Ordonez <iordonez@nature.berkeley.edu> wrote:

Sorry Quanah, I am not following you on what you want me to do.  Can you
please elaborate?

Thank you for all your help.

Keep replies on the list please.

I was saying, I would have kept the ldaps:// URI in your config file, and drop the start TLS bit, and seen whether or not that works.

In either case, I would use the ldapsearch binary to test against your server, both with ldaps:// URIs, and with ldap:// URIs using the -ZZ or -ZZZ flags to ldapsearch. ldapsearch with ldap:/// and -ZZ(Z) will use startTLS. ldapsearch with ldaps:// will try an SSL connection to the LDAP server. This way, you can hopefully get more meaningful error messages.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc