Re: get_ava: illegal value with translucent proxy

Pierangelo Masarati [masarati@aero.polimi.it] kirjoitti:
Petteri Heinonen wrote:
> Pierangelo Masarati [masarati@aero.polimi.it] wrote:
>> Petteri Heinonen wrote:
>> > Hi, I've setup a translucent proxy. Now, I have tried to do some >> test > searches. For example this works ok: >> > > ldapsearch -x -W -D "cn=admin,dc=company,dc=com" -b > >> "OU=Users,OU=Department,DC=company,DC=com" "(givenName=Myname)" >> > > Search is proxied through proxy to the actual server, and correct >> result > is returned. However, if I try this: >> > > ldapsearch -x -W -D "cn=admin,dc=company,dc=com" -b > >> "OU=Users,OU=Department,DC=company,DC=com" "(objectClass=User)" >> > > I get no results. I have monitored the traffic between proxy and >> backend > server, and the query is not even sent there. In OpenLDAP >> log there is:
>> > Jul 27 15:51:00 ldaptr01 slapd[17772]: EQUALITY
>> > Jul 27 15:51:00 ldaptr01 slapd[17772]: get_ava: illegal value for > >> attributeType objectClass
>> > Jul 27 15:51:00 ldaptr01 slapd[17772]: end get_filter 0
>>
>> The objectClass "User" is not defined in the proxy's schema?
>>
>> p.
>>
> > That's correct. But in translucent overlay's documentation, there is: > > "Note: The Translucent Proxy overlay will disable schema checking in the > local database, so that an entry consisting of overlay attributes need > not adhere to the complete schema." > > But it seems that schema checking is still in affect when doing > searches. Is there a way to disable local schema checking altogether? Or > do I have to build some dummy schema so that OpenLDAP is aware about > objectClasses I want to search for?

What happens is that you use unknown schema items in the *filter*, which requires it to be known in order to apply appropriate matching rules and so. The schema relaxation in the documentation refers to enforcing adherence with allowed and required attributes of an objectclass, and with stored objectclasses complying with structural inheritance relationship. Schema items need to be known anyway.

p.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I guess that my goal to have an Active Directory proxied properly is not going to happen. I would need a complete AD schema for OpenLDAP, and that's probably now available anywhere.