Re: Multi master topology.

----- "Alejandro Leyva" <alex.leyva@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the answer, but we need write access from all of our
> instances, so mirror mode isn't a viable solution for us. By
> definition, only Multi Master will serve this requierements right?

Not quite true. The previous solution I discussed with MirrorMode and consumers using the
chaining overlay allows any of your clients to write to a consumer/slave from their point of
view. Behind the scenes the slaves are forwarding writes back to you active MirrorMode node in
the MirrorMode pair.

So the benefits of this versus global multi-master:

1. All clients can write to their local consumer/s.
2. You only need to allow write access from known slaves/consumers/networks not any old client.
3. A write only need to propogate from a client to consumer to MirrorMode node, not every other Master.

There are many more pros and cons so feel free to ask more questions.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
Managing Director.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
E ghenry@suretecsystems.com

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

http://www.suretecsystems.com/

Suretec Systems is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered
number: SC258005. Registered office: 13 Whiteley Well Place, Inverurie,
Aberdeenshire, AB51 4FP.

Subject to disclaimer at http://www.suretecgroup.com/disclaimer.html