Re: bindmethod and credentials in slurpd replication.

Zdenek Styblik wrote:
> Michael Ströder wrote:
>> Sai wrote:
>>> But when defining “replica”, I got the following
>>> questions.
>>>
>>> 1)        For credentials, can I use hashed password like for rootpw
>> No, credentials have to provided in clear since slurpd is a LDAP client
>> to the slave.
>
> a bit off topic, but is this also valid for 2.4.x series?

slurpd is not available in 2.4.x anymore.

> perhaps SALS would allow hashed passwords?

No. E.g. SASL bind DIGEST-MD5 needs the clear-text password in the
config(!) to be able to generate the hash over the challenge value and
the clear-text password. A hash is transmitted over wire though.

Ciao, Michael.