Re: Delete operation is delayed...

Gleaning any information out of that list is an arduous process. A short description of each of those ITS bugs in the CVS comments would serve that changes list well.

I'll trust you that 2.4.17 is worth waiting for. but as an administrator of OpenLDAP it is really frustrating to read about Multi- Master Replication and to have people make random comments on the mailing lists about MMR being dangerous and to read 5 year old papers about how harmful it is ( http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-zeilenga-ldup-harmful-02.txt ) but yet the OpenLDAP 2.4 docs don't really warn against using it.

How are we supposed to be setting up OpenLDAP servers so that we can have failover? I want to have a half-dozen OpenLDAP machines and have any one of them accept writes and not be relying on any one of them to be up for writes to occur. I've asked this question numerous times and haven't ever gotten a reliable answer. It is starting to get really annoying.

-Rex