Re: Update schema

Olivier Nicole wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
>>> I beleive I cannot just stop slapd, correct the schema and restart
>>> slapd.
>> Yes, this is possible with OpenLDAP when changing the OID of a schema
>> description since OIDs are not used to store data in the database. You
>> would have to export your database with slapcat,
>
> OK, easy enought.

Just to make it very clear: If you solely change the OID and don't
change the NAME of a schema description you don't have to do anything
with OpenLDAP's slapd. Just restart. Note that other directory server
implementations might behave differently.

>> sanitize the LDIF and
>
> I am not sure what I need to sanitize, because if I change the OID
> number, I will not change the name of the objectclass, not the name of
> the attribute.

Yes, this was only meant when changing the NAME.

Ciao, Michael.