puzzling Open LDAP dn errors

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup and ldap proxy and I'm running into a bunch of bad dn errors in my endeavors.

Currently, my slapd.conf file looks like:

Database ldap
Suffix ""
Uri "ldap://myLdapIP:389";
Idassert-bind	bindmethod=simple
			Binddn="cn=privilagedAcct"
			Credentials="privPass"

Trying to keep it simple as this is only a sandbox setup. The issues I'm running into are when I try to change the suffix dn to something useful like

Suffix "dc=mydomain,dc=net"

Changing suffix to that will produce slaptest errors of "<suffix> invalid DN 21 (invalid syntax)"

I can connect to my ldap server and perform searchs with:

Ldapsearch -LLL "uid=mytestuser" -x -H "ldap://myLdapIP:389"; -D "cn=privilagedAcct,OU=test,dc=mydomain,dc=net" -b "dc=mydomain,dc=net" -W

I've also tired to change the binddn to cn=privilagedAcct,OU=test,dc=mydomain,dc=net slaptest will then produce
Invalid bind config value binddn=cn=privilagedAcct,OU=test,dc=mydomain,dc=net

I've worked quite a bit with DNs in the past and I can't seem to see anything wrong with the DNs especially since the ldapsearch commands will complete on the running ldap server.

I'm guessing I'm overlooking something very simple. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ryan