Re: Mirror Mode question

Ivan Ordonez wrote:
I updated to 2.4.16 version and it worked.  Thanks a million.

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Wednesday, June 17, 2009 4:03 PM -0700 Ivan Ordonez <iordonez@nature.berkeley.edu> wrote:

I am running openldap version 2.3.43.

I'd suggest you go read the OpenLDAP 2.3 admin guide and man pages then. Because you'd quickly discover that mirror mode didn't get added until OpenLDAP 2.4. :)

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc

Why is it that when I shut down host1, both openldap and samba stop working on host2? I thought the purpose of mirroring is to have a backup server to take over in case the other fails?