Re: password change and ppolicy

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Gustavo Mendes de Carvalho <gmcarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Tizo,

Suposed that your users has to login in some linux/Unix machine using their
LDAP accounts, I sugest you to create some binary or script to allow your
users to change their passwords invoking ldappasswd command.

I mean, you can create a C program or shell script or even a PHP page, to
validate some weaks in their passwords, like min length, capital letters,
numbers, and so on.

After that, you can call ldappasswd command with all parameters (using
system() call in a C source code) to change it.
I know that this is not an elegant option, but it works.

Let me know if it works for you that I can post my C source code here to
help you there.

See you

Gustavo

Gustavo,

Thanks for your help, but my problem was changing passwords from a JEE Application, and I could solve it with the class that I attached before.

Thanks again,

tizo