Re: slapcat unable to make ldif file with size > 2GB

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 3:17 PM, mukim pathan <mukim.iitkgp@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a 32 bit supporting OS. Actually I have other processes running on it and hence it's not possible to upgrade the whole OS. is there any other way? I mean if ldapsearch can work like slapcat or if slapcat can make many files of size 2 GB then also I don't have any problem.

If you cannot make a file >2gb yourself, then neither can openldap, so i'd try that first. ("cat /dev/urandom >somefile" and then wait for somefile to go past 2gb, watching in another window)

You still did not clarify your OS type, maybe post "uname -a" to clarify this. Maybe some 32bit Linux OS's might still address more than 2gb, say if they have PAE enabled.

If you can yourself make a file >2gb then maybe there is some hope (might be compiler options to tweak)

Cheers
Brett