Re: openldap login issues

On Thursday 04 June 2009 09:45:56 Serge Fonville wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well, the problem seems to be solved, but I have absolutely no idea why.
> When I started the system today, the logon was no problem at al.
>
> So problem solved!!
>
> Unfortunatley I do not know why :-(
>
> Regards,
>
> Serge Fonville
>
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Serge Fonville <serge.fonville@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > I checked and getent passwd fo0072 outputs info as normal, so that
> > isn't an issue.
> > What remains is why I cannot login through GDM but can through the
> > console as well as ssh -l fo0072 localhost

Some brain-dead display managers assume that the only valid users are those
they could enumerate when they started up.

If you didn't actually see an error from pam_ldap in the logs from this
attempt, I suspect the restart of gdm (or, starting gdm with ldap users
enumerable) probably fixed it.

Regards,
Buchan