Re: Deleting hundreds of Entry under a OU

Michael Ströder schrieb:
> Daniel Spannbauer wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have to deleted abount 500 Entrys under a OU in my LDAP-Tree cause I
>> have to change the objectClass from "account" to "inetorgPerson".
>> Can I do this with ldapdelete? I always used that tool only to delete
>> one entry.
>
> Yes. But you have to provide a file with a list of the DNs of the
> entries to be deleted.
>
> $ ldapdelete -h
> usage: ldapdelete [options] [dn]...
> 	dn: list of DNs to delete. If not given, it will be readed from stdin
> 	    or from the file specified with "-f file".
>
> (You could also use some of the GUI LDAP clients for that. E.g. my
> web2ldap supports recursive deletion of all entries below an entry.)
>
> Ciao, Michael.
Thats a posibility. But the ldap-Entries are genarated by a Script. So I
have to delete it also by this script. So a gui is not the solution that
I prefer.

Regards

Daniel

--
Daniel Spannbauer                         Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH  Tel   +49 8333 9233-27 Fax -11