Re: ldap users in local groups

Terry Gardner wrote:
Send me the entries (groups and users) in question, and I will take a
look.

On May 6, 2009, at 4:08 PM, Justin Lintz wrote:

Hi,

I'm running into an interesting problem in that when I try to add more
than one ldap account to a local group, both users of that group no
longer show membership in that group when running "groups" or "id".
If I just add one of the users to the group, it works without a
problem.  I apologize if this is not the correct list of this issue.
Does anyone have any ideas on what may be causing this?

At a guess, nss_ldap is returning something unexpected, which is causing the rest of the nss modules to completely ignore it.

1) you'll probably get more relevant replies on the nss-ldap mailing list

2) you should check your nsswitch.conf settings...

--
  -- Howard Chu